Enterprise Applications - Dependencies
Dependencies are other items monitored in SCOM upon which an Enterprise Application depends.
An Enterprise Application (EA) can be made up of 3 elements:
- Availability test (see Enterprise Applications - How to configure an availability test)
- Map (see Enterprise Applications - How to map an Enterprise Application using VADA)
To find out more about Enterprise Applications see How to create an Enterprise Application.
Use the Dependencies option to add other items monitored in SCOM upon which this application depends, for example:
- a server that runs a batch job
- a domain controller or exchange server
- another application, such as email, that your app depends upon.
The health of these dependencies will not roll up to the health of the Enterprise Application, but can be seen on the EA dashboard.
Please sign in to leave a comment.