How to show multiple metrics on one graph (v4.2 and below)
On Dashboard Server v4.3 and above the Performance tile (see How to use the Performance tile) is the best way to add multiple metrics to a graph. It is easier to configure, handles errors more effectively, and allows you to compare data over different time periods.
On Dashboard Server v4.2 and below you can use a comma (,) with no space, to list two or more metrics to appear on the same Performance graph. The comma can be used to specify multiple objects, counters or instances.
Walkthrough: Showing multiple metric counters
- Add a new Performance tile and select the type Performance (line graph).
- Scope the tile as required, for example a group or listing one or more machines, and click next.
- Search and select your first metric, for example in the choose metric box type in
Memory - Available MBytesfrom the drop down list.
- Click on advanced.
- Copy the counter name, pasting it into Notepad if you like.
- Click on quick find and then on the cross to remove the first metric.
- Search and select your second metric, for example type in
Memory - PercentMemoryUsed.
- Click advanced.
In the counter box type a comma after the metric name and then paste in the first counter name immediately after the comma with no space in between.
If one of your metric already contains a comma, you should replace that comma with an asterisk *
- In the display section tick show key.
- Click on custom section to create to custom label.
Click on the mustache helper button and select key.counter from the drop down list.
- Click done.
Multiple objects, counters or instances
You can also use multiple objects as shown below:
You can specify individual and multiple instances using a comma (,) as a separator as shown in the image below. In this example, we have specified that we wish to see % free space on the C:\ D:\ and E:\ drives.
You can also use wildcards to show multiple metrics of similar names, see How to use wildcards in metrics.
Please sign in to leave a comment.